Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Facebook ‘study’ about cat v dog lovers misses the point: pets are gross

To celebrate International Cat Day this week, Facebook put its best and brightest to work on this groundbreaking study: cat people are single; dog people like horrible movies. As I read through the descriptions of things cat people like – reading The Hobbit alone in a basement, apparently – I was like, “Thank god I’m not a cat person.” And as I read through the things that dog people like – watching Duck Dynasty in a group – I was definitely like, “Dogs are the worst.” I am, as scientifically confirmed by my dislike of all the things cat people and dog people love (including cats and dogs), not a cat or dog person. But try as I might, the cat v dog debate is not one I’ve been able to avoid. I’ve always been a little surprised how often it comes up. Yes, I know it’s supposed to be lighthearted fun, but it’s still everywhere. By Ijeoma Oluo 
 Read more

  Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: