Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hyperbole and A Half Returns

Allie Brosh (previously), popular blogger and creator of the alot, took a year and a half off from Hyperbole and A Half to deal with depression. She also wrote a book, and returns today to explain more about her experience. Brosh gives a clue as to why she stopped posting despite how many people adored her and the things she wrote and drew.
Perhaps it was because I lacked the emotional depth necessary to panic, or maybe my predicament didn't feel dramatic enough to make me suspicious, but I somehow managed to convince myself that everything was still under my control right up until I noticed myself wishing that nothing loved me so I wouldn't feel obligated to keep existing.
 Brosh writes (and draws) eloquently about the darkness of depression, which she still struggles with. But things may be getting better. We hope so.
 via Neatorama

  Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: