Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Woody Allen interview

"Downbeat, self-effacing and desperate for rain, Woody Allen is making his fourth film in London. He talks about his doomed search for perfection ."



“When you first start out you’re always striving for greatness and perfection and then after some years reality sets in and you realize that you’re not going to get it,” he says.

“One of the things that’s so fascinating about an art form is that it may be good, mediocre or terrible but it’s not perfect, so when it’s over you’re constantly impelled to try another one because you suffer from the delusion that you can get perfection. Intellectually, I’ve given up and I’m happy that the picture is not an embarrassment. I start out thinking it’s going to be the greatest thing ever made and when I see what I’ve done I’m always saying, 'I’ll do anything to save this from being an embarrassment.”
read here

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: