Thursday, January 29, 2009

Otter tours Scotland in postbag


"Mr Wilson was travelling on the A7 road just north of Stow in the Borders in his 1999 Mini Cooper when he spotted Orla lying at the side of the road.

He explained: 'She was frozen and I did not give her much of a chance to be honest.

'It looked as if she had either been abandoned or her mother had been hit by a car.'

Mr Wilson said the otter had come from the nearby Gala Water and 'looked terrified from the noise of the cars and would soon have been hit'.

'I popped her into the mailbag I had in the car and carried on up the A7 and just kept hearing little squeaks and sucking noises to imply she was hungry,' he said.

'I stopped at Tesco at Dalkeith and bought some kitten milk and fed it through the tube of a ballpoint pen.

'She seemed happy enough and during our journey she kept crawling up my neck looking for more warmth.'"
the full story here

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: